This post was last updated on October 6th, 2022 at 11:52 am.
We recently made a change that affects how you send emails from IconCMO. Before your email gets sent, the system will verify that the email addresses are in a valid format. This feature is commonly called email address format validation. Below is what the error looks like at the bottom of the group screen.
If you get this error message
Your message was successfully sent to the valid emails on the list. Next, find out which email addresses were invalid so you can fix them on the individuals’ records.
- Go to People: Group –> then click the ‘Group Reports’ button.
- Find the ‘Email Status Report’ and click on it. Then fill out the criteria for the report.
- Lastly click “Show Report’ button
The errors will be indicated in red on the report.
Common Email Address Formatting Errors
- Extra periods e.g. email@example.com. or email@sample..com
- No @ (at) symbol e.g. emailsample.com
- Top level domain is missing e.g. email@sample
- Spaces e.g. email@sample .com
For more information about proper email formats visit Wiki.