This post was last updated on September 22nd, 2016 at 08:03 am.
Grab your party hat, we have exciting news for you! Over the summer, our developers have been busy enhancing the Accounts Receivable (AR) module in IconCMO.
The party *ahem* release is scheduled for late in the evening Wednesday, September 21st 2016. Update: the enhancements are now live!
I know the list of enhancements is long, but don’t freak out! There are few big changes, mostly little things here and there that will make the module more intuitive and therefore easier to use. We really think you’re going to love it.
We’ve broken down the enhancements window-by-window.
- An invoice can have different fund assignments for each line item.
- An invoice can be emailed and posted from the invoice window immediately after being posted. Invoices can also be printed multiple times.
- The invoice number was removed from the window. This is so multiple people can add invoices at the same time without creating conflicting invoice numbers.
- If taxes are applicable, they are applied per line item. Both non-taxed and taxable items can be on the same invoice.
- Selecting a customer no longer requires a sub window to go to allowing for faster selection.
- Credit Memos are in the same window as creating invoices.
- Invoice batching has been streamlined dramatically. Batched invoices can be printed and viewed and voided after posting.
- Invoices page break nicely. Previously, if an invoice had enough line items to span multiple pages, it would run off the page.
- Negative line items can be applied to invoices.
- Payment information is easier to enter; it’s all at the top of the window.
- Payments are automatically distributed to the oldest invoices.
- Payments can be applied to specific line items of an invoice.
- Payments are posted directly into an Undeposited account that appears on the Statement of Financial Position.
- The Deposit Window only shows a single transaction line for each payment.
- Multiple payments from the same customer can be received without depositing the receipts. Yay!
- Discounts and overpayments can be applied directly on each line item. More importantly, it will not allow you to apply a discount and an overpayment at the same time.
- Shows everything as before and also tells you what ArPmt belongs to the deposit from the customer.
- Allows you to delete the deposit right from this window and reverts it back to the AR Payments window and puts the money back in Undeposited.
- This window is completely new. Refunds used to be done on the payment window (that was weird.)
- If a check that has been applied to invoice is returned to you as NSF (non-sufficient funds) you can enter the Refund window and apply the money back to the church reverting the invoice back to its original state.
- ArChks can be reprinted for any reason.
- Refunds cannot be issued against invoices when it causes the invoice to owe more than the original invoice. This really helps keep things in balance on what has been paid versus what was owed.
- This window displays an AR Ledger with each customer’s activity. It shows the transaction amount and the memo indicates the invoice to which it was applied.
- Selecting a transaction shows line by line detail. At the bottom in blue, you will see more information — this includes which ARDep a particular payment was applied to.
- No enhancements; this window allows you to see which GL accounts a transaction hits.
- Customer Statements prints only customers carrying a balance owed. This way you can print statements without filtering out customers without a balance or ones with a credit. A checkbox still exists to display all customers with activity.
P.S. If you’re using AR, we’d love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below.