This post was last updated on March 30th, 2021 at 04:43 pm.
I thought it would be nice to put together a post in honor of Thanksgiving. Taking a moment to pause and reflect on what the holiday is really about is refreshing amidst the traveling, football, and shopping chaos. So last week I sent out an email to the entire Icon Systems office asking everyone what they were grateful for.
I fully intended on summarizing everyone’s answers to make the list short and sweet. However, the responses I received from my co-workers were so awesomely heartwarming I couldn’t bring myself to paraphrase their answers.
What we’re grateful for
- Being able to serve churches across the United States
- Caring co-workers and meaningful work
- Wonderful co-workers and a purposeful career within a great company
- A job where I can focus on serving people and the Church directly, rather than focusing on profits
- The privilege of working with the kindest group of customers ever
- Being a part of the Icon Systems team and being able to help people
- The family and friends God has blessed me with
- Friends and family
- Learning experiences in parenting 😉
- My wonderful wife and four boys, and for the chance to join the Icon team
- Knowing that I don’t need to be perfect—because Jesus has been perfect in my place
From all of us at Icon Systems, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
The photo is a picture I took a few years ago; I was walking through a park in my neighborhood and found a heart-shaped leaf that had fallen on the path.
Chandra Meyers says
Late as usual, but I want the entire support team to know how thankful I am for all your assistance when I mess up, and your patience when you walk me thru a transaction that I we all know I should have been able to do correctly…. You are all wonderful to work with. Many thanks……… Chandra
Thanks, Chandra! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend =)
Jill Drees says
Hi, I don’t actually use your software (sorry) but maybe my job will in the future. I just am very warmed by your personal sharing of what you are grateful for and it sounds like you all work in an awesome place. Keep up the good work and the great office fellowship! God Bless You,
No need to apologize, Jill! We are more than happy to have you as a guest on our site =)
Jan Loftus says
Each of your entries is extremely personal and meaningful for this day. May each of you, who help us so much, feel the warmth of God on this thanksgiving Day!
Thank you, Jan!
Frank Dukenski says
Very Nice Touch!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families from all of us at Salem Bridgeport.
Thank you, Frank!