This post was last updated on November 11th, 2016 at 10:56 am.
Staying organized and communicating with members of the congregation can be inexpensive and easy with IconCMO. Monthly newsletters, bulletins, schedules, and calendars can be created in Word or Publisher, converted to PDF and attached to an email message without the high cost of printing and mailing, not to mention the time spent folding and stuffing envelopes. If an event is canceled, send out a quick text message notifying members.
Email and Text Message Setup:
- Go to Organization: Preferences: Personal and enter the church email address you want to use for outgoing emails. This will automatically populate in the “From” field when sending emails.
- Go to Organization: Preferences: Church Membership
- Click Maintain Phone – Email Types
- This is where you will title the phone numbers and emails you wish to maintain e.g. Home Phone, Cell Phone, Work Phone, Personal Email, Work Email
- When you title the cell/mobile phone, be sure to check the “Cell Phone?” box on the right. When entering someone’s phone number, this will allow you to select the carrier and send them text messages. Cell phone carriers must be identified in order to send text messages.
Member Email Setup:
- Go to People: Members: Mem-List
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to “View” and select “Email Addresses”
- At the bottom, select the “Email Name” e.g. Work email, Personal email
- Type in the member’s email address
- Select Opt-In Preferred, Opt-In, Opt-Unknown, or Opt-Out
- If the member does not want their email address listed in the church directory, check the “Unlisted” box
- Click “Save Email”
Member Text Message Setup:
- Go To People: Members: Mem-List
- Click the drop-down arrow next to “View” and select “Phone Numbers”
- Select the Phone Name e.g. Home Phone, Cell Phone
- Type in their phone number
- Select their carrier using the drop-down arrow
- Click “Save”
Once emails and phone numbers are entered, you will want to create groups to contact e.g. Teachers, Parents, Ushers. Groups can be entered by household or by member. If you are entering by the household, the email address listed for the household is the one that will be used. If you want specific members within the household to receive the email, set the group up in Grp-Members.
- Go to People: Groups: Grp-Members or People: Groups: Grp-Household
- Under Add New click “Group Category” and enter the name – click “Add”
- Select the category you created and under Add New click “Group”
- Enter the name of the group – click “Add”
- Select the group, such as Teachers
- Add members to the group.
- You can do this by selecting your criteria, active, age range, name range and then click “Find”
- The members will populate in the list on the right
- If you want a member to be in this group, click the “No” to change it to a “Yes”
- When you are done, click “Show Group Only” to make sure you have added everyone
Contributions Statements can also be emailed monthly or quarterly so members can review their giving. Or save even more time by setting up the Parishioner’s Module to allow members to review their giving whenever they want.